Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm back!



My computer has been really acting up. All day long it goes offline and then comes back on. I have spent hours and hours trying to figure it out. I can't even tell you all the things I have tried! But anyway I just wanted to let people know this and also tell you that I appreciate everyone of my readers and friends. How is everyone else doing? The weather is starting to change around here and
I'm sure it is where you are also. Well at least I have some really great books to read. I just got one today from my friends at the Cadence Group. The book is   Changing The Conversation: Transformational Steps to Financial and Family Well Being. I've looked through it real quick and I'm going to enjoy reading this one.
I also got a book from the Goodreads book swap. I told you about them in an earlier post. Anyway it's one I wanted to read, Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison. Maybe some of you have already read it.
Anyway I'm really happy to add that soon I'll be adding my own books to swap at Goodreads.  I've been out of ink for my printer, you probably know how that goes. I had ordered some from Amazon but had to reorder again from another seller there. The original seller couldn't fulfill the order as they had an emergency at their warehouse.  As if I didn't already have enough to think about! Oh well, that's life. I did get it re ordered although I am still waiting for a refund from the ones w/ the emergency.
Oh..whew!  I have so gotten behind on some book reviews but I'm hoping to get on it real quick!
Hope you are all having a wonderful Monday! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren! The answers to the Bible challenge have been posted tonight. How did you do? I'm glad you said that about your Bible. I like to hear that Bibles actually get used instead of collecting dust. I'm in the middle of trying to finish a book that I started for a review, but I have too many distractions unless I wait til after hubby goes to bed. Not to mention the fact if I really want to remember what I read, for some reason I have to read out loud which would drive my hubby crazy if I did that while he was still up. Luckily he sleeps the the "dog house" outside, so I can make as much noise as I want to and it won't bother him. Yes, I said "dog house". No he isn't in trouble. That's just a pet name we call his room that he added to the house only it's free-standing. It was originally going to be a screened-in porch, but he acquired some windows, and the owner of the house came over one day and offered to by paneling, floor tile and ceiling tiles, so now it looks like any other room. It even has a ceiling fan and a heating/cooling window unit, so he's happy as a lark out there. By the way, that book sound like it would be some "heavy" reading. Don't stress your brain too much, reading is suppose to be enjoyable. Haha! This coming from someone who just admitted thst she has to read out loud to comprehend what she reads! LOL! I think its because my eyes are so bad that if I don't read out loud, I tend to skip lines and that really messes me up.

    God Bless!
    PJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.