Friday, December 9, 2011

Laughing Through Life

Laughing Through Life


An amusing book to read: written by Connie Corcoran Wilson.  I have to say that I really enjoy Connie's sense of humor. She has written some interestingly funny essays and put them together in this book. There were several laugh out moments while I was reading the book, that I can honestly say that even as I am now thinking of them while I am writing this, I am still smiling. 
But I also think it is fair to say that reading the book felt somewhat disjointed. It wasn't exactly what I expected the book to be. There were parts of the book that seemed to wordy or drawn out perhaps, I don't quite know.  Connie has certainly experienced many interesting events, such as covering the 2004 and the 2008 Presidential campaigns which she shares in the book. I did find much of it quite humorous. I didn't really expect to laugh as much as I did at the end of the book. Coincidentally speaking, I am not speaking solely on the chapter which is entitled "the end" . Her conversational piece with the Verizon Guy was wonderfully amusing but for me the final laughing began with the R.I.P. Gerard and continued all the way to the end!    I want to say thank you to Teddy Rose for putting this book in my hands. I agreed to read it and review it here, which I am very happy to to! 

Keep On Reading!








Here are some places that you can follow up with more Connie Corcoran Wilson
Connie's Blog
Connie on Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for participating in the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.