Sunday, April 13, 2014

Jewel of the Opera Garnier

>


Jewel of the Opera Garnier
by Dale Rensing


This book is a pure delight to read. I thoroughly enjoyed every page. If I was a young girl I would have loved reading this because it is so well written and feels so believable. I felt as if I was right there in the story. I could easily see everything in my minds eye as I turned each page. I love the main character so much.
The story is set in Paris in the 1890's. The main character is a child of 11 years of age, a young motherless girl named Jewel. She is in awe of the dancers, the ballerina's of the Moulin Rouge especially after one befriends her. Her dreams are to be a dancer although she become a seamstress instead, sewing the dancer's beautiful tutu's and dresses. But it doesn't take long for her dreams to come true. This is a book that would be of interest to girls ages 9 to 12. The book is quite interesting and has fascinating bits of history included throughout the book that tie in with the story. This is a book well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.