Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I found them at the thrift store

As if I needed more books, but anyway what can I say?  I stopped by the neighborhood thrift store yesterday.
So of course where is the first place I run to?  Oh come on you must know! It doesn't make a difference what I came to look for. It never does. As soon as I hit the door, with  my tunnel vision turned and I'm off and running!
I make a direct  beeline and head (or rather run) straight to the back wall.
From this point on, I hear nothing. and my  fingers  begin doing what could only be described as perhaps the movements that a pianist makes right before playing a piece.
I feel like I could break out in a song  perhaps  "I'm in Heaven"
I am an addict. I am addicted to books. I need to read!  Thrift stores are usually terrific places to find books, for me anyway. But let's face it. Anywhere there are books is my idea of Heaven.  I could just go on and on.  The back wall.  It's just  floor to ceiling with shelves. Shelves filled  with...well kind of like my house but kind of different.  These are mostly different books.  I'm not sure how long we stayed at the thrift store yesterday.  Besides  who could think of  time when there are books?  I only know that it wasn't dark yet.   Anyway here is what I found:

  1.  Horror Films: The Best, Worst and Most Unusual  
  2. A Pictorial History Of Horror Movies
  3. Lew Hunter's Screenwriting 434: The Industry's Premier Teacher Reveals the Secrets of the Successful Screenplay
  4. Will they Ever Trust Us again? Letters from the War Zone
  5. Licks of Love
  6. 150 Vegan Favorites: Fresh, Easy, and Incredibly Delicious Recipes You Can Enjoy Every Day and last but not least:
  7. Voyager Tarot: Intuition Cards for the 21st Century




*Can you imagine, all this for $4.32   No kidding!
Four bucks,  I love it!
The first two books are coffee table books and even though I'm not a big horror movie buff,  I enjoyed going through them1 As a matter of fact, I still am. I get so excited every time I find books like this.
Okay so now you know. This is me. This is who I am. I'm way too old to change now. I accept me just the way me am!  I yam what I yam!
Do you find good stuff when you hit the neighborhood thrift shops? Send me a comment and link and let me see your finds!




 I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges

 (I found that quote  today at)   http://www.abebooks.com/books/BookClub/

2 comments:

  1. I don't normally get over to the thrift shops, its a shame really. My local library does have a pretty nice section of used books for sale though, I usually try to stop in there when I borrow books.

    At our mall there used to be an independent bookstore and in the last year or two that it was opened they had a table FULL of used books for sale. I picked up so many awesome books there.

    http://thereaderslifecrisis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. My local library does sell used books at times also. But the thrift stores are even better usually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.