Friday, September 24, 2010

Free Range Kids What does it mean?

Free-Range Kids, How to Raise Safe, Self-Reliant Children (Without Going Nuts with Worry)
I was just going through some things I had found online and saved to read later and decided today was later!
If you are anything like I am then you know just what i'm saying.  One of  things I found was on a blog called  Lit Lists
The  post that I really found interesting was called: Seven facinating books about our parenting culture

The first one is a book called Free-Range Kids, How to Raise Safe, Self-Reliant Children (Without Going Nuts with Worry)

I had never heard of  it before although I did check out the author's web page and did a little reading there. You can also find her on twitter, just do a search for freerangekids and that will be her. She posts some really thoughtful stuff there. You can also find her link to her blog there as well. Have any of you read this book?
I would really love to hear your thoughts on the subject either way.

5 comments:

  1. I have not read this book, but do intend to... there was a bit of controversy about it awhile back which piqued my interest. If I remember correctly, the author really came under scrutiny in the media for her views on parenting; probably a good indication its worth reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I am so glad you like my blog and it makes you feel good. Thank you for grabbing my button and following me. I have read where several people say that comments or followers aren't really that important to them as their writing. Well, I must confess, I like the idea of getting comments and having the followers, not because of an ego thing, but because as long as "My BLOG" (not me) is gaining followers and comments, that means that people must be at least reading some of my posts. Therefore, God's Word is getting out, which is the main purpose of my blog. If even a thought or seed gets planted in someone's heart then that is worth all the hours I put into researching and posting my blog. So I look forward to more of your visits.
    By the way, I read somewhere else this morning about "Free-range Kids. I can't remember where though. That's what I get for trying to read as soon as I wake up in the morning! LOL! I can't remember my name for at least 2 hours after I wake up! LOL!

    God Bless!
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it probably does make one more curious. I found her site interesting. The Lit List blog has The 7 Fascinating books about our parenting culture and it's worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lauren! Just wanted to let you know you got a perfect score on the Challoenge! Didn't miss a one! I wish I could say that! I didn't take the time to look the answers up though, I just answered as I typed the post. Needless to say I guess I better get to studying. LOL! Did you have to look any up?
    I wish I could do a contest for a prize or something for those who do my challenge. I thought about buying a gift to give away, but I don't know what to get that everyone would like, you know? I did it one time as a requirement for a book give-away, but on those usually people just use it for gaining followers like "follow me on Twitter, FB, Google, that sort of thing. If you have any ideas let me know. I think the prize of gaining Biblical knowledge is mody important, but people also like to get gifts for their efforts also.

    God Bless!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a must-read for parents. I fret over that elusive balance - keeping them safe from the big bad world vs. smothering them in nanny-state protection - and it looks like this book has the answers. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.