Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hating Heidi Foster

This is one I really thought was going to be a good read. I was wrong. Well to begin with it's very evident that Jeffrey Blount should not try write a book in the character of a young girl. It didn't work for me. It didn't feel comfortable or even believable to read. It was an awkward feeling as I read each page. The thing about it is that the plot of the story was interesting, it could have been written better maybe by a woman perhaps. I'm not real sure but reading this felt like it was at age age appropriate but other times it was far too mature for a freshman. I didn't like Mae at all. As a matter of fact some parts made liking her almost impossible. I think this book was too emotionally charged at times for young reader. I planned on sharing this book with my 13 year old granddaughter but after reading it myself I came to the conclusion that she would not enjoy it at all.


I received this book from Rebecca Brown at The Cadence Group. I agreed to accept a copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Hating Heidi Foster by Jeffrey Blount Published by Alluvion Press Washington,DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.