Thursday, May 20, 2010

review Angela's Ashes

Angela's Ashes Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Frank McCourt

At first I really didn't know what to think as I began reading Angela's Ashes.Angela's Ashes
The author basically writes with an Irish accent. I had been looking forward to reading this book for a long time and I was kind of worried that this style of writing was not going to work for me.
I guess I was very wrong. This was a wonderful read! The stories and his style were perfect! I loved everything about this book except that it ended! It was so sad and desperate at times and funny at other times. I found myself smiling as I read of the conversations between Frankie and his Grandmother. I have met quite a few people that had come over from Ireland in my time but by just reading this book, I felt as if I knew them that much better.
Of course I will read the next book "Tis" because I need more!

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.